A healthy, varied diet is vital for new mothers, to help produce nutritious breast milk and maintain their own health during the postnatal period.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding is an all-in-one pack, formulated with key specific ingredients for the postnatal period, including essential fatty acids such as DHA.
Maternal breast-feeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health.
The formula provides the ideal follow-on product for mums after childbirth, as part of the complete Pregnacare® range from conception to breast-feeding.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding is carefully formulated by experts, with essential vitamins, minerals and DHA, to help support all-round health and vitality including iron which contributes to normal energy release.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding can also be taken as a general postnatal supplement for 6-9 months following childbirth, to replace depleted nutrients and assist the body following pregnancy, even if you are not breast-feeding.
For mothers who avoid dairy products, the formula also contains calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding contains the recommended 10mcg vitamin D3, the full RNI of 700mg calcium and 300mg DHA, the exact level recommended by international experts*.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding provides:
Postnatal micronutrient tablets
- 700mg calcium, vitamin K & D3 and magnesium which contribute to the maintenance of normal bone.
- Vitamin B6, niacin (vit. B3), iron and magnesium which contribute to normal energy release.
- Includes the recommended level of 10mcg vitamin D3 as recommended by the Department of Health for all women while breast-feeding.
High Purity Omega-3 capsule
- Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts for mums during lactation*.
- Maternal intake of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) contributes to the normal brain and eye development of breast-fed infants**.
Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained direct from external sources such as the mother's milk.
- During breast-feeding, the infant's brain continues to take up DHA and 15% of brain growth occurs after birth.
Contains the purest pharmaceutical grade fish oil, produced in Norway.
Two tablets and one capsule per day is recommended with or immediately after your main meal, with water or a cold drink. Taking Pregnacare® Breast-feeding with a large meal maximises the absorption of the nutrients, and can reduce nausea which is sometimes experienced if supplements are taken on an empty stomach. Pregnacare® Breast-feeding should only be taken on a full stomach. Always ensure that Pregnacare® Breast-feeding is taken with plenty of liquid to wash down the tablet and capsule. We do not recommend chewing the tablets or capsules because they have not been formulated as chewable preparations.