A healthy, varied diet is vital for new mothers, to help produce nutritious breast milk and maintain their own health during the postnatal period.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding is an all-in-one pack, formulated with key specific ingredients for the postnatal period, including essential fatty acids such as DHA.
Maternal breast-feeding is strongly recommended for the newborn baby as it provides essential nutrients and antibodies for long term health.
The formula provides the ideal follow-on product for mums after childbirth, as part of the complete Pregnacare® range from conception to breast-feeding.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding is carefully formulated by experts, with essential vitamins, minerals and DHA, to help support all-round health and vitality including iron which contributes to normal energy release.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding can also be taken as a general postnatal supplement for 6-9 months following childbirth, to replace depleted nutrients and assist the body following pregnancy, even if you are not breast-feeding.
For mothers who avoid dairy products, the formula also contains calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding contains the recommended 10mcg vitamin D3, the full RNI of 700mg calcium and 300mg DHA, the exact level recommended by international experts*.
Pregnacare® Breast-feeding provides:
Postnatal micronutrient tablets
- 700mg calcium, vitamin K & D3 and magnesium which contribute to the maintenance of normal bone.
- Vitamin B6, niacin (vit. B3), iron and magnesium which contribute to normal energy release.
- Includes the recommended level of 10mcg vitamin D3 as recommended by the Department of Health for all women while breast-feeding.
High Purity Omega-3 capsule
- Each capsule provides 300mg DHA, the level recommended by international experts for mums during lactation*.
- Maternal intake of DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) contributes to the normal brain and eye development of breast-fed infants**.
Infants have limited capability to synthesize fatty acids, which therefore must be obtained direct from external sources such as the mother's milk.
- During breast-feeding, the infant's brain continues to take up DHA and 15% of brain growth occurs after birth.
Contains the purest pharmaceutical grade fish oil, produced in Norway.